- Bring shirts with a collar as well as different necklines.
- Bring at least 6 different tops to choose from.
- No sleeveless shirts for headshots, they can make the arms look big and skin below the face takes the attention away from the face.
- No solid white.
- Solids usually work best, stay away from patterns and busy prints.
- Bring a lint brush or lint roller, fuzz will show on dark colors.
- Make sure your clothes are pressed and clean - very few photographers have irons or extra time. Photo retouching on soiled clothes will usually cost extra.
- Stay away from clothes with big buttons or ornaments that shine and compete for attention.
- If you wear earrings they should be small studs. Keep jewelry at a minimum, because anything flashy will distract from you.